Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beggars aren't choosy

Okay, so there is this man that's deaf that always walks around campus handing people, in particular girls, a slip of paper that explains that's he's deaf and he needs money. Now, I've been going to Maryland for 4 years and I've never seen anyone give him money. 

He's favorite part of campus is the library. Yesterday he came up to me as I'm sitting on the lawn in front of the library and I shake my head "no" and see him go over to other people purposely skipping the males. I follow him inside and watch him be deny of money. I lose interest and continue reading my book in the quiet study area. A few minutes past and I see the same beggar paper in my face, it's him! It hasn't been ten minutes since the first time that he's seen me. I know I sound awful, but it was just plain annoying. And the sad thing is this isn't the first time that he's come to me twice in one day. 


No comments: