Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Broke

I just got back from vacation and I have $21 in my checking account. This is all after vacation and registering to take my praxis 2...what a mutha...and I still have to buy textbooks for my classes. I'm definitely going to be checking out the library for them.

In other news, I began my first week of student teaching. I've observed for two days and already am tired. The students I look over all have IEPs except for one class which is an elective. A student asked what my name was today and when answered "Ms. White." He answered with "that's racist." I asked why it was so, he concluded that whoever named me that was racist. He also inquired that I was racist because Hilary Clinton is no longer a candidate for president while Barack Obama is. This is going to be an exciting year.

No comments: