Tuesday, December 23, 2008

El Rico

I hesitate to write this. My mom told me a story about a boy today that blatantly said that he wasn't going to have a Christmas. My mom works at a magnet school that is in historic Annapolis and caters to the creative arts, but some of the kids that go there are there by proximity. After she had talked to the school psychologist and the boy himself. She realized that he wouldn't have a Christmas that most of us experience. He will experience waking up in a dorm with other foster kids to another morning. He's under the warrant of the state. His mother is out of state and will not likely return due to her status with the state. I feel so compelled to write this just for prayer. I tried looking up the place, East Point, where he is living, but apparently Maryland wants that concealed. Just pray for him as he encounters another lonely Christmas and somehow realize that he is not alone. 

No comments: