Wednesday, June 25, 2008

They always come in three's.

I recently got an offer to dogsit, and then another, and then another. I'm doing two of the three of them. 

I went shopping today at the mall for my friend's baby shower. My sister and I took Teaghan, who is not quite three, with us. We get to the mall and we're looking for a spot to park. And it has to my attention that whenever you pray for a spot; it comes immediately. It was awesome. Teaghan fell asleep on the way there so we walked around the mall and finally sat down by an elderly gentleman. As we sat down, he leaned over and said to us, "I wish I could sleep like that." I didn't notice at first but Teaghan was out like a light. She had her arms hanging lifeless and her mouth wide open. Then I pictured the old man being held by my sister in the same position as Teaghan. Soon his daughter came and offered to buy him a coffee. I thought to myself they're not that different after all. They both need extra rest, attention, and love. 

1 comment:

usequalsthem said...

Old men always make queer comments like that. Please see to more refined editing of your blog entries next time.